"Maintaining the beauty of your Floor. "
Your Lauzon floor is designed for optimal durability and ease of care — there’s very little you have to do to ensure a lifetime of enjoyment! Here are a few tips to help preserve the beauty of your new flooring:
• It is recommended that you keep the relative humidity of your home at the following levels, this will ensure a healthy environment for your wood floor.
Solid Hardwood – 35-55% humidity
Engineered Hardwood – 35-65% humidity
• Furniture legs and wheels can scratch and gouge your wood floor, use protective tabs under furniture legs such as chairs, sofas and tables. When moving heavy objects, for example a refrigerator, put a blanket or rug underneath and slide the object.
• Door mats or rugs at all entry points can significantly reduce the amount of dirt and moisture being tracked into the house onto your wood floor. Also place rugs or mats in areas where water is used such as sinks, tubs, dishwashers, etc.
• Sweep and vacuum your floor regularly then clean your floor with Quality Care products available for wood floors. Never pour liquid cleaner directly on your floor.
• Do not wash your floor with a wet mop; use a mop with a cloth cover. Clean up all spills immediately.
• Never use wax, oil-based detergents or other domestic cleaners other than recommended products for wood floors. These products can damage the finish and leave a greasy film making your floor slippery and hard to clean.